Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Word Challenge: post vitae cursus finem

I had a busy day with only a few minutes for today's word challenge, but luckily there are so many possibilities with these words: multus, multa, multum - finis (finis, m.) - ignis (ignis, m.) - post (prep. + acc.) - angelus (angeli). The contrast between ignis and angelus was too tempting! Here's what I came up with:
Post vitae cursūs finem quid tunc manet nos? Requies caelestis apud angelos aut, heu, multum ignis apud inferos?
Of course, there are lots of other ways to go with this great set of words. If I get a chance later, I might come back and ponder this one some more to see what else I come up with, starting from a different direction. :-)

~ ~ ~

If you came up with something good for today's Vocabulary Challenge, share the results in a comment here at the blog! Meanwhile, here are my past answers to the Vocabulary Challenge each day.

No comments: