Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vocabulary Challenge: ubi mors

Here are the words for today's vocabulary challenge:

crux (crucis, f.) - bellum (belli) - meus, mea, meum - qui, quae, quod (cuius) - quoque (conj.)

I will confess that as soon as I saw the words crux and bellum, I could not imagine any other topic besides death to put these words together. Here is what I came up with:
Vel in belli cruce, vel in pacis lecto, mors nobis omnibus insidiatur - mors mea quoque latet, sed in quo loco, nescio.
It's not an original sentiment by any means (there are LOTS of proverbs about how death awaits us all), but I was happy about the double parallelism of in belli cruce and in pacis lecto.

~ ~ ~

If you came up with something good for today's Vocabulary Challenge, share the results in a comment here at the blog! Meanwhile, here are my past answers to the Vocabulary Challenge each day. :-)

No comments: