Sunday, June 6, 2010

Word Challenge: bonum publicum

Here are the words for today's word challenge: aliquis, aliquid (alicuius) - publicus, publica, publicum - saepe (adv.) - bonus, bona, bonum - super (prep. + abl/acc.). When I saw bonus and publicus I knew I wanted to say something about bonum publicum. Here is what I came up with:
Bonum publicum super bona privata saepe praeponi oportet, bonum publicum enim nobis cunctis aliquid boni praebebit.
Of course, it's a bit ironic that bonum publicum is sometimes abbreviated as BP, given that at this moment that BP (as in British Petroleum and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill) is the opposite of a bonum publicum in every way...

~ ~ ~

If you came up with something good for today's Vocabulary Challenge, share the results in a comment here at the blog! Meanwhile, here are my past answers to the Vocabulary Challenge each day.

No comments: